Roll Group is looking for a NAVAL ENGINEER, who prefers a mix of theory and fieldwork.
The Engineer Department is responsible for the engineering of our projects related to our Heavy Lift Vessels of RollDock Shipping B.V. as well as the Lifting projects on Land for Roll-Lift B.V. It is their challenge to create the requirements of our clients into efficient solutions. The Naval Engineer is responsible for the technical execution of our projects.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all the engineering related aspects of projects, execute, monitors and co-ordinates the work with departments, subcontractors and clients on engineering issues.
- Determine methods statements and resources to execute the work scope.
- Prepare project resource planning, process reports, project status reports and close out reports.
- Control Engineering budget, raise internal variation orders, report potential external variation orders.
- Organize and lead project meetings and represents RollDock in meetings with clients, subcontractors and other agencies or organizations.
- Ensure compliance with RollDock engineering, quality and safety standards.
- Check and verify all project engineering related documents prepared in-house and by clients.
- Prepare project related specifications for client work scope.
- Preparation of material and equipment specifications.
- HTS Diploma / Degree in Naval Architect / Wtb or equivalent qualification.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience preferably in a Marine engineering.
- Experience in proposal works for land and marine projects.
- Experienced with rules and regulations for working in a land / marine environment.
- Technical knowledge of lifting / transport calculations, stability / motion analysis and structural calculations.
- Strong in construction (AutoCad) drawing, calculation, detailing and good knowledge of materials and technical requirements.
- Able to perform under tight schedules and deadlines.
- Able to work in a team as well as independently.
- Good computer literacy.
- Hands-on attitude and service minded.
- Fluent in Dutch and English (both verbally and in writing).
- Willingness to travel abroad (occasionally).
- Planning capacity.
- Technical, commercial and pro-active attitude.
- Independent, accurate and problem-solving thinking.
- Good communication skills.
- Team player
- Inspirational working environment in a dynamic and growing company.
- Challenging position with corresponding responsibilities.
- Excellent remuneration package, pension and various insurances.
Are you interested?
Please send your application and resume via the button on the right. For more info, please contact Nienke de Vries at:
This vacancy is a full time position.